Opening of the adventure exposition Black holes (https://ciernediery.sk/)
A contract of contribution from the European Economic Area grant was signed.
The first time the manor house hosted the international festival of audiovisual experimental art. (https://www.hradbysamoty.org/sk)
Jelšava started rescue works of the manor house restoration and its opening to public during cultural events.
1980 - 1999
1980-1999 construction closure
The premises were used as a vocational school of agriculture with a dormitory.
A new factory for magnesite processing was built. It started to gradually dust the town by magnesite flue dust.
The oldest women's association in Slovakia was formed (earlier than the national association Živena).
Three stages of the building reconstruction for an administrative and economic building. (A granary was built in the tower).
After the discovery of magnesite in the end of the 19th century, magnesite was mined and processed in the area of the town.
Prince Ferdinand Sachsen-Coburg-Gotha (*1785 †1851) became the owner of the manor house after he married princess Antónia Koháry (*1797 †1862)
Ludovit Greiner worked here. He was a manager of Coburgs' forest properties in Jelšava. He was a pioneer of forestry in Slovakia.
Jelšava is becoming one of the three crafts centres in Gemer area together with Rimavská Sobota and Rožňava.
In the 60's Mikuláš Koháry started sumptuous rebuilding of the manor house but it was never finished.
The first pharmacy in Gemer was opened.
Mikuláš I. Koháry (*1721 - †1769) – a county executive, acquired several military ranks – 1754 colonel, 1758 major general, 1759 brigadier general.
Čerešnícky – the oldest fruit association in Slovakia was formed. It was also one of the first fruit associations in the Kingdom of Hungary.
Juraj Szécky built a two-storey building with a rectangular ground – the oldest part of the manor house.
A bootmaker guild was formed as one of the first in Slovakia.
The fortification and rooms are built (rooms are for living).
The Hungarian National Council met in Jelšava.
On the premises of the renaissance residence of Mária Séčiová (The Venus of Murány) and František Vešeléni (a Hungarian palatine) arises the Coburg manor house.
A production of forged tin bells began. They were of a high quality and earned sales even in countries out of Europe.
After the invasion of enemy armies is Jelšava conforming to Ottomans and stays under Ottoman administration for more than 20 years.
Jelšava is the second biggest town with town privileges in Gemer.
From the mid-century has Jelšava town privileges and becomes an export centre for iron in The Hungarian kingdom.
Establishment of the Jelšava dominion which was situated in the Old Jelšava castle in the 14th century.
Jelšava together with Debrecen are domestic trade centres of The Hungarian Kingdom.